Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This Procurement Specialist will support procurement for multiple programs across the Vencore organization.
Position responsible for full life procurement management cycle from requirement review to quotation, analysis, purchase issuance and management, product/service receipt in support of multiple Vencore programs. The position requires demonstrated skills in administering FAR
(Federal Acquisition Regulations) compliant purchase orders.
- Issues Request for Quotes (RFQs), receives, reviews and negotiates pricing proposals.
- Negotiate procurement terms and conditions including estimated cost/price, delivery, quality and performance requirements.
- Conduct independent price analysis as needed.
- Negotiate and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to Purchase Orders.
Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 2 years of experience in Procurement
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- US Citizenship required
*About 5% local travel*
- Ability to perform work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Working knowledge & experience with Deltek/CostPoint a plus
- Demonstrated "Can-Do" Attitude
- Ability to multi-task