Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Standard Job Description: Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Description:
Experienced SE that is familiar with the unique aspects of the customer’s classified mission responsibilities and has experience across the entire engineering lifecycle.
Position will directly support the customer project manager and staff holding direct responsibility for the management and oversight of contractors who execute the development efforts. Successful performance in this position will be instrumental in supporting customer transition to a new business model in this area. The position will primarily focus on assisting the customer staff in programmatic and technical support for multiple (3-4) mid level development efforts each lasting 6 months to a year). The position may branch out into wider technical & programmatic support across the customer domain. Test activities, to include witnessing and authoring/performing test activities is expected. Customer is unique in organizational structure and governance, and has a wide range of external partners and stakeholders across industry and the US government. SIs are fully embedded at the customer location , and work side-by-side with their customer leads. Position currently requires local travel within WMA; overnight CONUS travel possible - anticipated once a month for a couple of days.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with technical engineering degree
- Experience across the entire engineering lifecycle of deployed large-scale systems: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal.
- Extensive RF engineering experience
- Experience developing SOWs, SRD, URD, and CONOPs documents
- Familiar with and experienced in the customer’s classified mission responsibilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Manage project schedule, costs, deliverables
- Flexible- respond to ad hoc, quick turnover tasking
- Proven record of building positive relationships with customers at all levels, as well as serve effectively as the customer’s representative in dealing with mission partners and stakeholders
- Experience required for analyzing current processes, drafting to-be processes, and implementing process improvements to achieve efficiencies.
- Candidate must be able to partner with SIs and other support contractors across the customer organization in fulfilling the mission
- Experience required in capturing minutes and tracking action items to completion.
- Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of MS Office tools.
- TS/SCI w/current BI and Poly (< 5 years). This is a hard customer requirement.
- Prior customer domain experience
- Prior experience with Antenna engineering and characterization
- Military Experience
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.