Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements. Analyzes changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change control. Designs and establishes configuration management documentation. Authorizes the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups through the Request For Change process. Operates configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable. May develop configuration standards for company-wide use. Train requirement engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards. Provide guidance to less experienced employees. Works with standard commercial software products used for configuration management (e.g. DOORS, JSMART, etc.)
• Mentor and train team members on configuration management best practices.
• Manage and document the configuration baseline and control process for customer applications, monitor adherence of CM processes throughout development life cycle development.
• Reviews configuration change requests and verifies, tracks, and documents configuration changes
• Responsible for maintaining Customer's document baseline--including processing of Requests for Change (RFCs), library management, document audits
• Develop and implement an IT Change Management Framework, to include identifying and executing improvements to current change management policies and processes
• Works with delivery team product owners, project managers, and engineering teams in analysis, development, test, and production support to ensure delivery of updates and enhancements to baseline are accurately captured
• Work directly with client and tools team on identifying areas of optimization to the configuration management baseline process (procedure and tool interface).