Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore provides pre- and post-acquisition support for system development, including System and Solution Architecture; collecting mission needs, developing technical requirements, integration and project management throughout the development cycle, independent verification and validation, transition to operations, end-to-end requirements management and configuration management. This contract supports an Intelligence Community organization which is responsible for providing mission-specific applications in the fight against terrorism.
The V&V Engineer performs technical planning, system requirements definition, system integration, verification and validation of requirements for technical designs, may also perform cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. The V&V Engineer analyzes and defines user requirements, procedures and problems. The V&V Engineer defines specifications that incorporate software, hardware, network and data requirements and technologies. The System Engineer develops solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal. The V&V Engineer ensures system designs are compatible with the architecture. The V&V Engineer verifies and validates COTS and GOTS to satisfy user, mission, and system needs/requirements. The V&V Engineer manages user and mission requirements ensuring accurate documentation, thorough evaluation and complete traceability from inception through closures.
1. Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that incorporates technical, schedule, and cost constraints
2. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocations and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications and supporting manual operations
3. Consult with management to ensure agreement on requirements and resulting acquisition activities
4. Analyze and study complex system requirement and/or solutions (Hardware and Software)
5. Work with project teams to create, review and approve verification and validation deliverables (TEMP)
6. Provide technical guidance in hardware and software engineering technique and automated support tools
7. Analyze functional business applications and design specification for requirements satisfaction
8. Track and report verification and validation results
Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
Bachelor of Science or higher degree in an engineering or technical discipline
10 years or more of systems engineering
3 years experience in verification and validation
Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and adapt to changes in program priorities
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Technically communicate internally and with external clients
Systems Engineering and Project Management specifically in the Verification & Validation field
Knowledge of PMI PMP and/or the PMF
Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud experience