Position is located in Bethesda
Provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Working as expert, conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems. Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods. Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements. Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
- Provide cybersecurity engineering expertise in support of an IC coordination center.
- Support the development, implementation, integration, maintenance, and evaluation of Computer Network Defense (CND), Information Assurance, and Counterintelligence requirements, capabilities, and solutions for the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Support the development of technical requirements and constraints to provide input to foundational technical documents, including but not limited to, program architectural artifacts, business cases, and the concept of operations.
- Perform as a technical liaison between program manager, technical director, and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Participate in working groups and technical exchange meetings.
- Coordinate activities across the organization and IC agencies/elements.
Active TS/SCI w/ Poly
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a closely-related Engineering or IT discipline) with 8 years of demonstrated experience or Master’s Degree in appropriate discipline with 6 years of demonstrated experience. Five additional years of demonstrated experience may be substituted for the required Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to provide security recommendations for the operational functionality of systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of DOD and/or IC engineering efforts, across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Prior security and risk management experience.
- Ability to work in a Government environment as part of a multi-contractor team.
- Experience working with one or more IC Elements
- Prior experience working CND activities
- Active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)