Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Vencore is searching for a full time, Field Service Engineer to support our customer site at the Washington Planning Center at the Washington Navy Yard, DC. As the Field Service Engineer, you will be supporting the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) products developed by Vencore. Systems include the Mission Distribution System (MDS), TMPC Operations and Status Tool (TOST), TMPC Enterprise Databases (TED), Intelligence Situational Awareness Tool (ISAT), and TMPC Communications System (TCOMMS) Communications Interface Processor (TCIP). TMPC is a segment of the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) that provides the capabilities for planning and executing Tomahawk strike operations, managing Tomahawk resources, preparing and controlling Tomahawk training, and creating and managing Tomahawk missions and supporting information.
You will be working directly with the customer onsite. Candidate must be team oriented and able to work in a DoD
The candidate responsibilities include:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-4 years of related experience or at least 8 years of related experience
• General technical knowledge and experience with Microsoft products, including: Operating Systems, SQL and Office
• Must have or within 6 months obtain DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance compliance (Security+ certification) and within 12 months obtain Computing Environment compliance
• Possess a technical background with good troubleshooting skills
• Possess good communication skills
• Experience with the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of:
- Microsoft/Linux Operating Systems
o Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012, RedHat
• Experience working with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server or SQL Server Management Studio
- XML Stylesheet, HTML, Windows PowerShell
• Possess software and/or systems engineering skills
• Operational knowledge of TMPC
• Prior U.S. Navy experience with Tomahawk Weapon System background
Security Clearance Requirement
• Candidates must have a DoD TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.