Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Does the idea of working on a devoted team sound appealing to you?
Do you want to work on solving some of our most critical national needs?
Do you want to work on something that will have a long lasting impact to our nation’s security?
LANDMARK Ground Support Services (GSS) - Project performs technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total system. Analysis are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication , test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) will be a member of the End-to-End systems engineering team responsible for system readiness reviews throughout its lifecycle. The team is responsible for working closely with the development teams to understand the requirements, review segment level test scenarios and test reports, and provide a oversight into the final design reviews and recommendation to move the system throughout its milestones to be used by the customer. The individual may also maintain/develop associated requirements and interface documents for the program and assist in developing/reviewing Acquisition Strategies and Acquisition Packages; Request for Changes (RFCs); Statement of Works (SOWs); Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), and development contracts. They will also track project execution, identify and mitigate project risk, brief senior government customers, and work collaboratively in a multi-contractor, FFRDC and government environment.
Systems considered an emerging authority, who applies extensive technical expertise. Develops technical solutions to complex problems. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment. Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS -
1) Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
2) Bachelor's (or equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline with 8 to 10 yrs of experience, or a Master's with 6 - 8 yrs of experience.
3) Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
4) Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to facilitate meetings with multi-organizational stakeholders, understanding explicit and implicit deliverables
5) Proficiency applying SE&I (e.g., processes, mission needs engineering & analysis and I/F definition, project planning/IMS, IV&V, and transition, risk and readiness management)
6) Self starter, proactive in responding to customer needs, ability to work independently and within team environments
7) Strong attention to detail
8) Ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
9) Ability to operate in an extremely dynamic environment
10) Responsible, reliable and flexible
11) Passion for learning and knowledge transfer
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS -
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) SE&I experience working with Geospatial/GEOINT or SIGINT capabilities, systems, segments, services, architecture, analysis, capability implementation, process experience
3) Acquisition experience within a DoD environment is a plus
4) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption
5) Ability to lead and influence