Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Software development lead to support the Earth Observation Requirements Evaluation System (EORES) Application development effort for NOAA and USGS to work together to design, develop, and document a system, using current agile technologies, that will support the work of:
Onsite task lead to guide the team and provide an interface with division leadership.
Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 10 - 12 yrs of experience or a Master's with 8 - 10 yrs of experience.
Agile S/W Development experience using these tools/platforms/concepts:
- Set up and managed agile development environments and CD/CI/DevOps pipelines including scrum, XP, and Kanban
- Customized and integrated COTS products such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Version control using GIT, TFS, and Artifactory.
- Collaboration using JIRA, TFS, and SharePoint
- Configuration Management using Ansible and iTop.
- Microsoft Test Manager and Selenium for test frameworks
Certifications are desired
NOAA Public Trust access is required, processing will be submitted before Day 1.
This position located in Silver Spring, MD may require limited travel to local NOAA offices. This role is typically 40 hours per week with limited or no overtime required. One day of telecommuting may be approved by the Customer after confidence/routine is established with the Customer.