Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Specific Job Description:
This position will directly support the Customer project managers holding responsibility for multiple development projects. The range of support required spans from acquisition planning through fielding and O&M. Project size varies from being on a team with two-three other engineers, to being the sole engineer supporting a Customer effort. Key aspects of this position include project planning, requirements development and verification (test) oversight, developing documentation supporting all stages of the project, preparation of materials (briefings, documents, etc.) for management review and approval, readiness review planning and review, and Customer acceptance of end-products and facilitating their transition into O&M. This position requires an engineer that is familiar with the unique aspects of the Customer’s classified mission responsibilities and has experience managing small scale as well as large scale projects. This position involves extensive internal customer coordination as well as potential coordination with outside organizations in other agencies. The customer is unique in organizational structure and governance, and has a wide range of external partners and stakeholders across industry and the USG. Engineers are fully embedded at the customer location, and work side-by-side with their Customer leads. Travel varies, but routinely includes 4-5 days/month of CONUS travel.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with technical engineering degree, software engineering or electrical engineering, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of experience (a master’s degree may substitute for two years of experience).
- Experience across the entire engineering lifecycle with focus on incremental developments to support specific field needs.
- Knowledge of embedded software and electrical design practices to include firmware and hardware.
- Demonstrated system development experience.
- Experience as a software lead with the ability to determine if internal requirements are satisfied with vendor processes.
- Ability to coordinate across engineering disciplines (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, development and acquisition planning/FFRDCs, field planning, logistics, etc.).
- Familiar with and experienced in the Customer’s classified mission responsibilities.
- Project management skills and experience, to include cost/schedule/risk planning.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven record of building positive relationships with Customers at all levels.
- Experience in writing technical requirements, defining interfaces, and writing statements of work (and associated management briefing packages).
- Must be able to partner with other engineers as well as other support contractors across the Customer organization.
- Experience required in capturing minutes and tracking action items to completion.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office tools.
- TS/SCI w/Poly & Current BI (< 5 years) – this is a hard requirement
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.