Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsible for the direct supervision of the Systems Engineering/Analysis staff. Reviews and prioritizes network needs and analyzes project costs and feasibility. Develops systems analysis standards and methodology consistent with technical requirements. Schedules staff to obtain proper response in a timely manner. Reviews recommendations for systems improvement. Responsible for the employment, training and discipline of assigned employees.
Specific Job Description:Experienced SI/SE that is familiar with the unique aspects of the customer’s classified mission responsibilities and has experience across the entire acquisition and engineering lifecycle.
Position will directly support the customer project manager and staff holding direct responsibility for the management and oversight of contractors who execute the development efforts. Successful performance in this position will be instrumental in the acquisition and development of a system. The position will primarily focus on assisting the customer staff in programmatic and technical support for multiple development efforts. The position may branch out into wider technical & programmatic support across the customer domain. Customer is unique in organizational structure and governance, and has a wide range of external partners and stakeholders across industry and the US government. Candidates would be fully embedded at the customer location, and work side-by-side with their customer leads. Position currently requires local travel within WMA; overnight CONUS travel possible - anticipated once a month for a couple of days.
Responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 5-10 employees focused on security, travel, operations, and action items. This includes staffing, retention, and development of the employees on the team. For the individual contributor aspect of the job, the candidate will be responsible for developing executive level briefings and talking points, working closely with the customer to develop a group level strategy, working directly with the director, deputy director and chief of staff on a variety of special project, providing analysis and recommendations to the budget and plans function, and developing responses to corporate actions. The ideal candidate will be very organized and a self-starter that can engage with executive level customers and drive activities to closure
TS/SCI w/current BI and Poly.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Manage project schedule, costs, deliverables
- Flexible- respond to ad hoc, quick turnover tasking
- Experience with acquisition of systems to support customer mission including control gate and CDRL reviews.
- Experience with the development of acquisition documentation (SOW, CONOPs. SRD, etc.).
- Experience reviewing contractor proposals and facilitating internal reviews.
- Experience working with IC mission stakeholders.
- Experience with creating and maintaining integrated MS Project program schedules.
- Experience with reviewing RVTMs and factory acceptance testing.
- Experience with Operations and Maintenance phase of field systems
- Experience preparing meeting agendas, facilitating TEMs, creating meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
- Experience with performing a technical review of proposed system upgrades, design drawings, design analysis, DRs, and ICD's.
- Technical background (engineering) with Systems Engineering experience.
Familiarization with customer finance, budget tools
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.