Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Labor Specialist to support Vencore's internal payroll and labor processes. This individual will process labor in-house, utilizing Deltek Costpoint 7. This candidate should have Deltek Costpoint labor/timesheet processing experience as well as experience processing leave accruals.
• Prepare and process weekly labor/timesheets utilizing Deltek Costpoint 7 for 3,800+ union and non-union employees
• Review, enter, and process leave accruals utilizing Costpoint 7
• Prepare, process, and reconcile weekly employee allowances
• Ensure timesheet compliance with applicable state laws and company internal controls
• Support year-end timekeeping and payroll close activities
• Reconcile weekly and quarterly labor versus earnings reconciliations
• Work closing with Payroll and Human Resources on employee matters impacting timekeeping and payroll
• Support internal and external audits such as DCAA
• Answer daily payroll questions and requests
• Prepares account reconciliations, recommends actions to resolve discrepancies, investigates questionable data and creates reconciling entries with accuracy, completeness and adherence to GAAP, company policies and management guidance
• Supports the implementation of and assists with the maintenance of the financial services modules of the Company’s Deltek Costpoint financial system to ensure proper recording of labor and payroll expense transactions
Requires 1 to 3 years experience, no degree required
• In-house, Deltek Costpoint experience in Labor, Leave, & Payroll modules is a plus
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Multi-State Tax Jurisdictions knowledge
• Working knowledge of payroll processing, tax principles, and wage and hour laws required
• Proven customer service skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience, Skills: Working knowledge and proficiency of Deltek Time & Expense 9, Working knowledge and proficiency of Deltek Costpoint 7 Labor, Leave, & Payroll modules, Working knowledge of Cognos Reporting, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.