Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options. Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network. Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
• Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 4 years equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 15 years or more of professional experience.
• Experience/Knowledge of TCP/IP, ATM, Cisco IOS, SNMP, H.323, Mbone, SIP, XMPP.
• Experience with AWS
• Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
• Active TS/SCI clearance with poly required
Network+ or similar certification
Security+ or similar certification
Certified Ethical Hacker certification
Cisco Certified Network Associate certification
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.