Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore is the prime System Engineering and Integration contractor for a National Communications Program and provides full lifecycle, end-to-end Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) services to a National Customer. The National Communications Program’s mission focus is to provide worldwide space and ground communications services utilizing state-of-the-art communications technologies. Vencore leads a geographically dispersed team to support the design, development, acquisition and evolution of this complex multi-segmented communications system.
The Intrepid program provides transport system engineering expertise to the customer to develop new capabilities that meet user needs. The external facing activities are in a Services paradigm, while internally they are determining the acquisitions required to ensure the services are available as promised to the user community. This position will be responsible for the definition of a Verification and Validation strategy that is compliant with core customer policies/instructions while also leveraging best practices from a commercial environment perspective. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting the program office V&V activities across all acquisitions.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
The successful candidate has the following skills and knowledge:
• Be able to effectively communicate with both Intrepid personnel and customers to fully understand the needs of the program and the planned activities and desired outcomes.
• Have a detailed understanding of the program lifecycle.
• Experience in system and segment/element level verification and validation methodologies.
• Experience in satellite system development activities and an understanding of how services are represented to users.
• Be able to work independently by identifying and prioritizing their work to meet the expectations of the program office.
• Juggle multiple requests simultaneously and pro-actively to meet different program office needs.
• Excellent presentation/briefing skills
• Technical degree
Active TS/SCI Clearance required.