Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Principal analyst provides analysis of all-source data in a multi-intelligence area to produce executive-level defense reports relevant on a national or global level. Serve as subject matter expert in the intelligence analysis field supporting a DoD customer. Responsible for final review of intelligence reports and prompt delivery to the customer at all levels. Often leads in the research of all-source data and assists other intelligence analysts in the operation and use of intelligence tools. Work as a member of a government and contractor team conducting signal, imagery, and multi-source intelligence analysis. Generally requires Army, Navy, Marine or Air Force Intelligence training and certification. Experience requires expertise of fundamental imagery interpretation skills including basic plotting, map reading, image orientation for stereo viewing, identification of equipment and objects for defense analysis, and marine vessel identification. Knowledge of multiple types of sensing systems, including radar and spectral imagery sources required. Experience and training in one or more areas of; threat analysis, foreign intelligence, counterintelligence, risk and vulnerability assessments, military operations, investigations, technology protection, security, and antiterrorism/force protection are highly desirable.
Specific Job Description:
Provides analysis and research for industry, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted vulnerability. Prepares assessments of current events based on the sophisticated collection, research and analysis of classified and open source information. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operations. Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes. A candidate will provide both technical and regional analysis in support of USG customer and will be responsible for reviewing and researching unclassified and classified databases, preparing analysis, reports, and providing briefings. The candidate will be responsible for internal and external collaboration.
A candidate must exercise excellent:
- social acumen and operational judgment
- ability to multitask and respond quickly to high priority tasking
- writing and research skills
- knowledge or ability to learn about technology.
- Requires BS/BA in International Relations, Political Science, Foreign Language or Culture, History, Public Policy, Intelligence Analysis, or related academic field and no less then (8) years of practical experience in intelligence analysis, targeting, or open source analysis, or technical analysis.
- computer proficiency with the ability to use and manage data from a variety of databases
- experience in the intelligence lifecycle
- experience with (drafting, coordinating, reviewing) intelligence community official communications methods
- knowledge of technical concepts such as IT, telecom, and network/computer/data security
- Ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
- Active TS/SCI clearance W/ Poly
- prior experience supporting this Customer.
- prior CI or risk management experience .
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.