Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Closeout Accountant will be responsible for working closely with the Closeout Manager to close contracts, generate canceling funds invoices and research deobligation requests.
This role will be required to work cross functionally with Program Finance and Contracts to support Vencore's Contract Closeout Process.
The Closeout Accountant will be responsible for:
*Working with the Closeout manager to ensure timely closeout of contracts based on individual requests for closeout and/or receipt of final audited rates.
*Submit canceling funds invoices as appropriate based on Government notification or notification from other Prime contractors.
*Conduct research on internal projects (based on requests) to determine if excess funds can be deobligated.
*Maintain open lines of communication with Contracts and Government Compliance to ensure timely response and action on closeouts, deobligation requests and canceling funds.
* Maintain open lines of communication with Government and contractor representatives, where contact has been made and actions requested.
* Prioritizing the workload to ensure all actions are conducted in a timely manner.
* Ensure accurate records are maintained tracking required actions and completed actions.
* Work closely with the closeout manager to ensure closeout, deobligation requests and canceling funds actions are properly handled and documented.
*Working with internal organization, on an as needed basis, primarily conducting research or providing assistance, as requested.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
Desired skills include:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years in contract closeouts
- Deltek CostPoint (preferred)
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel. (required)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills