The GEOINT Broker (GB) Strategic Initiative is a transformational effort focused on the assessing, developing, prototyping, engineering to acquire a full end to end capability to broker GEOINT needs and products to customers. This initiative is focused on institutionalizing GB capability with in four functional areas: Issue Management; Broker Services, Supplier Interaction and Content Conveyance.
The GB Systems Engineer (SE) support team will consists of several engineers with the responsibilities to include the review of the GEOINT architecture, capabilities and services readiness assessments, across the existing/emerging NSG enterprise. The GB Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate and perform full SE&I life cycle technical framework, design, integration, interoperability, implementation planning and execution, and cost/schedule/technical performance / opportunity / risk / supportability / mission effectiveness analyses for NSG/ASG/GSG enterprise mission capabilities related to the GEOINT Broker functions.
- Capture, assess and conduct innovative analysis at all levels of legacy GEOINT Broker functions and services throughout the effort.
- Design develop supporting strategy, vision, future end state and concept of operations.
- Support strategy, design and development and execution of advanced concepts into prototypes.
- Perform functional and timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, AoAs, mission needs allocation and interfaces definition translating customer requirements into capability and service specifications as required.
- Ensure systematic & logical conversion of mission needs or product requirements into total systems solutions (acknowledging affordability, schedule, and technical constraints) allocated for implementation to providers of choice.
- Maintain strong awareness of technical IT (Cloud, Mobile, xSP) and all source all domain integrated ISR trends, on-going IT projects (ICITE/DI2E/JIE/NMIS), NSG/ASG enterprise mission business (Agile acquisition /SE&I/innovation) initiatives.
- Apply appropriate project management model (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) selected for capability implementation efforts and apply end-to-end project analysis, to ensure capabilities being developed comply with NSG enterprise technical architecture and support NSG enterprise control gates.
- Keep senior government and SEIN leadership apprised of project status.
- At customer direction, provides oversight and direction to implement customer vision to replace aging legacy systems with an Open System, Service-Oriented Architecture as developed by the ASC contract.
- Plans, develops and coordinates epic/features for future planning sessions with USG product owner.
- Supports agile development software process, planning increments and sprint planning sessions and provides additional systems engineering support as needed.
- Ensures acceptance criteria are properly written and satisfied
- Attends daily scrums and supports design technical exchange meetings
- Ensures partnering, efficient solutions engineering and reuse first, Agile SE&I processes, leveraging tailoring & extending innovative approaches & cost-saving measures, applying industry standards
- Ensures project activities transparency & info sharing, informing NGA decision-making bodies, & directly facilitating collaborative, innovative, efficient, rapid solutions engineering capturing, publishing solution options, resolutions for future reference, NSG enterprise awareness
- Advocates current and future technology, and ensures the Project captures innovative tradecraft, lessons learned, and best practices
- Oversees and user needs to develop IT solutions, designing/implementing processes, new/customized capabilities/services for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency, applying principles and techniques of system management processes, engineering analysis, and IT development methodologies as appropriate