Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The individual selected for this position will support a program developing a new, high profile, large scale application with users in 50+ organizations. This will consist of working with a team of other infrastructure engineers to specify, design, develop, test, and deploy the final system. The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Designing, testing and deploying cloud network interfaces, focusing on controlled interfaces, e.g. virtual CISCO ASAs.
• Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, related artifacts to determine technical specifications for the system environments.
• Coordinating with technical teams responsible for the cloud hosting infrastructures in order to establish and maintain the environments used by the program for the development, test, and deployment of the final production system.
• Rapid prototyping to refine system requirements and technical specifications of the system and
its operating environments.
• Developing, testing and monitoring connections to interfacing systems such as data feeds from numerous organizations and user interactions from other Sponsor organizations.
• Working with other programs to coordinate integration of enterprise services to be consumed/used by the Sponsor system.
• Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
• Plan implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network. Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
•A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline, 15 years’ experience, 3 years in IC
• Demonstrated experience or familiarity with CISCO virtual ASAs; and partnering with AWS
infrastructure service providers.
• Demonstrated experience performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for
all supported environments in response to reported problems from the development team, service
partners, testers, and end users.
• Demonstrated experience assessing loads and developing tuning recommendations as related
to performance, scalability, and high availability.
• Demonstrated' experience supporting and working with others to achieve system security
• Network+ or similar certification
• Security+ or similar certification
• Certified Ethical Hacker certification
• Demonstrated experience integrating and troubleshooting shared services
provided by other information technology service providers and leveraged by an application.
• Demonstrated experience with virtual networking in other cloud infrastructures.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.