Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Standard Job Description: Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific Job Description:
This position is for SI program . Experienced SI that is familiar with the unique aspects of the customer’s classified mission responsibilities and has relevant experience across some if not all of the customer's classified mission domain.
Position will directly support the customer branch responsible for fielding large-scale systems. Responsibilities include:
- Onboarding new staff and contractor personnel, including SCI/SAP access processing.
- Maintenance of personnel records in support of field team selection boards.
- Maintenance of travel records.
- Maintenance and update of group/division/branch documentation directly supporting field team activities and deployments.
- Receipt and archival of field team deliverable products.
- Assisting the customer in its efforts to strengthen system SI & SE practices by reviewing and re-baselining requirements and supporting documentation.
- Position requires periodic (about quarterly) shift and weekend work standing watch at the mission command center. Expectation is that the individual will qualify for this additional duty after about one year onboard.
Customer is unique in organizational structure and governance, and has a wide range of external partners and stakeholders across industry and the US government. SIs are fully embedded at the customer location , and work side-by-side with their customer leads. Position currently requires only minimal travel within WMA; overnight CONUS travel is not anticipated but is possible.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with technical or engineering degree, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10+ years’ experience. A master’s degree may substitute for two years’ experience.
- Experience across the engineering lifecycle of deployed large-scale systems: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal.
- Familiar with and experienced in the customer’s classified mission responsibilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven record of building positive relationships with customers at all levels, as well as serve effectively as the customer’s representative in dealing with mission partners and stakeholders
- Experience required for analyzing current processes, drafting to-be processes, and implementing process improvements to achieve efficiencies.
- Candidate must be able to partner with SIs and other support contractors across the customer organization in fulfilling the mission.
- Experience required in capturing minutes and tracking action items to completion.
- Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of MS Office tools.
- TS/SCI w/current BI Poly (< 5 years). This is a hard customer requirement.
- Prior customer domain experience
- Familiarity with working in highly compartmented SAP/SCI environments.