Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. Candidate will be responsible for supporting the Maritime Operations Center in Naples, Italy; supporting C6F and other shore and afloat units within the C6F AOR. Conducts on site troubleshooting and maintenance assistance for problems that may cross multiple Navy systems, provides training on the systems. Lead/coordinate troubleshooting with other shore and afloat Fleet Systems Engineers.
2. Coordinate repair of installed C4I systems and other advisory and systems engineering services.
3. Provide on-site engineering and technical support for the integration of IT hardware and software upgrades incorporated into the MOC.
4. Provide support for maintenance of the system hard ware and software, system architecture, configuration and systematic baseline to meet the site/node objectives; on-site support shall provide activity based technical and engineering support for web-based C2 applications and user access to those applications;
5. Provide recommendations for improvement or alternative networking strategies;
6. Assist in conducting preliminary network testing after integration and configuration of site upgrades and modifications;
7. Support Information Assurance, to include adherence to IA policies, operations of IA related systems to include HBSS configuration for C2 systems.
8. Provide support for restoral procedures; rapid response for emergent issues, and network documentation, along with review of security and audit logs.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 8+ years technical experience in Navy C4I and MOC related disciplines required.
2. Certification as IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy guidance) with IA and CE (Unix/Linux, CISCO or Windows) required, and current certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment. 5+ years of experience in Network Applications required. Certification in multiple operating systems highly desired.
3. Experience with Unix/Linux C2 systems and server virtualization required. 3+ years of experience in Command and Control (C2) Applications to include Global Command and Control System (GCCS) desired. Training and/or 2+ years of experience with Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT) or any similar radio frequency equipment associated with a U.S. Theater Missile Warning system highly desired. Experience with Collaboration at Sea (CAS) administration highly desired. Experience with Windows Server and email desired. Experience with networking highly desired, Cisco preferred. Experience with Radiant Mercury desired. Total 4+ years in C4I networking required, with recent experience with DoD Information Assurance/CND systems and policies such as HBSS and ACAS required. Experience implementing HBSS on C2 related systems highly desired.
4. System level engineering expertise and technical training to support the scope and requirements of all programs for the Fleet MOC.
TS/SCI clearance required