Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. Candidate will be responsible for supporting the Unified Atlantic Region Network Operations Center (UARNOC), serving as technical advisor to government and other contractor personnel. Conducts on site troubleshooting and maintenance assistance for problems that cross multiple systems, provides training on new systems, and works processes that cross multiple systems.
2. Coordinate repair of installed C4I systems and other advisory and systems engineering services.
3. Support shore based facilities to ensure those facilities are fully operational to meet the requirements of fleet units/ships assigned permanently or temporarily to the AOR. Support fleet units/ships as required to ensure connectivity to naval networks. Provide support for NOC restoral procedures, rapid response for emergent issues and network documentation and training as required for Fleet NOC personnel.
4. Provide on-site engineering and technical support for the integration of IT hardware and software upgrades
5. Provide support for maintenance of the system architecture configuration and systematic baseline to meet the site program objectives.
6. Provide recommendations for improvement or alternative networking strategies.
7. Support Information Assurance, to include adherence to IA policies, operations of IA related systems (HBSS, IDS, antivirus, firewalls, load balancers, etc.).
8. Provide support for restoral procedures; rapid response for emergent issues, and network documentation.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 8 years technical experience in Navy C4I and NOC related disciplines required.
2. Certification as IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy guidance) with IA and CE (Unix/Linux, CISCO or Windows) required, and current certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment. 5+ years of experience in Network Applications required. Certification in multiple operating systems highly desired.
3. Familiarity with the following required: Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange 2003/2007, ISA/TMG server application, Alcatel Switches 7700/6800, CISCO routers and switches, VMWare, NetApp and/or IBM Storage. Familiarity with configuring/troubleshooting servers, Cisco Routers/Switches or Alcatel Switches, Cisco Access Control Lists, TCP/IP, and security protocols required. Knowledge of Command and Control display systems such as GCCS-M and/or DCGS-N preferred. Experience with Information Assurance – HBSS, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and eEYE Retina Scanning tools/ACAS, WSUS required. Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Experience using Remedy for ticket documentation/resolution desired. General experience with RF systems required.
4. System level engineering expertise and technical training to support the scope and requirements of all programs for the Fleet NOC.
TS/SCI clearance (TS/SCI eligible candidates will be considered)