Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Program analyzes current NGA applications architecture, researches effective and efficient cloud technologies that allow for a minimally invasive transition to the cloud environment, without impacting NGA mission capabilities. NGA’s goal is to maximize the use of community and commercial clouds on all three domains for agility, innovation, integrated intelligence, enhanced security and resource efficiency. This initiative will lead to the migration of approximately 313 identified activities from on-premise data centers to cloud environments. The program works with Government and contractor representatives from various unclassified and classified organizations in order to satisfy NGA’s goals for efficient cloud migration of these applications to Unclassified, Secret and Top Secret cloud environments. The candidate will serve as a Cloud Computing Consultant on one of the program’s cloud engineering and migration teams.
Provide technical expertise on cloud computing techniques and technologies and expert advice to the program, and related cloud computing architectures. Assist customers with data integration and migration efforts, Research, evaluate, and deploy advanced cloud computing systems for clients in research and production areas. Support a range of clients from front line analysts to researchers and senior leadership. Work as a key contributor on a collaborative, fast-growing, and highly skilled software development team. Knowledge of Cloud computing, specifically Amazon Web Services-Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Specific responsibilities and typical tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Providing design and integration support
• Interface with contractors and customer management to ensure progress on activities
• Provide technical guidance to the customer regarding contractor proposals
• Recommending and evaluating solutions to discrepancies and problems
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
• Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 5 to 7 years of experience, or a Master's and 3 to 5 years of experience
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications or demonstrable experience in AWS
• Experience with DevOps pipeline tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Chef, Ansible
• Experience with systems architectures (hardware, software, networking, and databases)
• Knowledge of IC or DoD organizations and programs
• Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative technical solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, driving data driven decisions
• Demonstrated ability/experience identifying/solving problems reviewing related info to develop/evaluate options and implement solutions with minimal supervision / direction
• Strong customer service teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional team
• Experience working with virtualization technologies
• Experience developing and implementing cloud migration strategies
• Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting network performance issues
• Knowledge of network security and encryption hardware (firewalls, ACLs, etc.)
• Knowledge of InfoSec policies and procedures and ability to coordinate/communicate solutions with InfoSec
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management - Foundations or Practitioner Certification
• Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption
• Demonstrable experience with containerization / Platform-as-a-Service technologies
• Experience with web-centric programming languages such Ruby and Python
• Experience with agile development methods such as SCRUM, XP, and/or SAFe Agile
• Ability to lead and influence