Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Program analyzes current NGA applications architecture, researches effective and efficient cloud technologies that allow for a minimally invasive transition to the cloud environment, without impacting NGA mission capabilities. NGA’s goal is to maximize the use of community and commercial clouds on all three domains for agility, innovation, integrated intelligence, enhanced security and resource efficiency. This initiative will lead to the migration of approximately 313 identified activities from on-premise data centers to cloud environments. The program works with Government and contractor representatives from various unclassified and classified organizations in order to satisfy NGA’s goals for efficient cloud migration of these applications to Unclassified, Secret and Top Secret cloud environments. The candidate will serve as a Test Engineer on one of the program’s cloud engineering and migration teams.
Synthesizes customer contractual needs, requirements, and technical, schedule and cost constraints into solutions for integrating, testing, evaluating, and transitioning systems into operations to deliver enterprise capabilities. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and resources required for integrating, testing, evaluating and transitioning systems. Establishes standards, practices, and procedures for integrating, testing, evaluating and transitioning systems and enterprise capabilities, and coordinates with stakeholders. Evaluates enterprise capabilities, architectures, system design concepts, requirements, risks and opportunities, and processes for integration, test, evaluation and transition impacts. Designs, develops, and implements test and evaluation strategies, plans and methods to assure reliability of systems in conjunction with system specifications and defined enterprise capabilities, and integrates system and enterprise elements together so they work as a whole. Reviews, evaluates and derives requirements for testability. Ensures systems and enterprise capabilities comply with requirements and standards through formal verification methods. Generates system requirement and enterprise capability verification approaches and customer acceptance criteria. Participates in reviews of systems and elements under development to ensure traceability of requirements compliance through verification and validation. Develops and directs preparation for and execution of comprehensive test & evaluation plans, procedures and schedules which verify and validate enterprise capabilities, system requirements, performance and operability. Coordinates system integration, test, evaluation and transition activities with other organizations. Conducts readiness for system integration, test, evaluation and transition activities. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing configurations, testing procedures, testing processes, or new testing requirements. Implements testing processes and ensures all test activities follow those processes. Produces reports on each test activity and tracks test metrics. Performs analysis and evaluations of systems under test. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive system evaluation reports and risk assessments. Evaluates discrepancy reports and performs integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes affecting systems and enterprise capabilities. Provides direct, interfacing support to the customer for system integration, test, evaluation and transition activities. Monitors for continual process improvement and lessons learned, and reports to management periodically.
Specific responsibilities and typical tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Managing a team of test engineers and their day-to-day activities
• Developing test processes and procedures
• Developing metrics, strategic activities, and de-conflicting requirements
• Ensuring network is operational, providing feedback to the customer and stakeholders, and recommending automation and/or processes to improve efficiency through increase performance and/or lower costs
• Overseeing performance testing and verification at both system and subsystem levels
• Developing test plans and procedures, as well as the documentation recording the results of the IV&V to include a final report
• Working with the customer to plan future IV&V needs, as required
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
• Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 5 to 8 years of experience, or a Master's and 3 to 5 years of experience
• Experience with agile development methods such as SCRUM, XP, and/or SAFe Agile
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience with web-centric programming languages such Ruby and Python
• Experience with DevOps pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Gitlab
• Experience with code quality and/or test automation tools such as SonarQube
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications or demonstrable experience in AWS