Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Program analyzes current NGA applications architecture, researches effective and efficient cloud technologies that allow for a minimally invasive transition to the cloud environment, without impacting NGA mission capabilities. NGA’s goal is to maximize the use of community and commercial clouds on all three domains for agility, innovation, integrated intelligence, enhanced security and resource efficiency. This initiative will lead to the migration of approximately 313 identified activities from on-premise data centers to cloud environments. The program works with Government and contractor representatives from various unclassified and classified organizations in order to satisfy NGA’s goals for efficient cloud migration of these applications to Unclassified, Secret and Top Secret cloud environments. The candidate will serve as a Configuration Management Tech Specialist on one of the program’s cloud engineering and migration teams.
Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements. Analyzes changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change control. Designs and establishes configuration management documentation. Authorizes the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups through the Request For Change process. Operates configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable. May develop configuration standards for company-wide use. May train requirement engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards. May provide guidance to less experienced employees. Works with standard commercial software products used for configuration management (e.g. DOORS, JSMART, etc.).
Specific responsibilities and typical tasks could include, but are not limited to:
• Identifies and maintains the original configuration of all documentation
• Tracks all problems and changes in documents and reports changes and current configuration.
• Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met.
• Formulates or reviews proposed changes and,
• Validates that each change request has met all the appropriate requirements before board submission.
• Collaborates with stakeholders in order to verify that changes are ready to seek board approval.
• Works with PMs to resolve issues and help define needs for change requests that could impede board approval.
• Facilitates board meetings which may include creating agendas, tracking action items and preparing minutes.
• Coordinates modification records for management control.
• Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
• Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 10 to 12 years of experience, or a Master's and 8 to 10 years of experience
• Ability to build effective relationships with customer as well as staff
• Proficiency with other Microsoft Office suite products, to include SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Excellent Configuration Management and organization skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Exhibit proactive, agile, and dependable qualities
• Knowledge of Configuration Management disciplines
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience with JIRA or Redmine
• Ability to create workflow automation in SharePoint, JIRA or Redmine for migration projects
• Prior customer experience
• Working knowledge of DevOps concepts
• Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
• Experience with agile development methods such as SCRUM, XP, and/or SAFe Agile