Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Payroll Tax Accountant to support Vencore's internal payroll and tax processes. This individual will assist the Payroll Supervisor in overseeing payroll in-house, utilizing Deltek Costpoint 7. The Payroll Tax Accountant will also be responsible for reconciling, auditing, and sending of periodic and quarterly ADP tax files. Experience with a large payroll, working with various state and local agencies is preferred.
• Assist with the biweekly payroll utilizing Deltek Costpoint 7 for 3,600+ union and non-union employees
• Ensure accurate and timely payroll tax reporting and payments by working with ADP
• Research and resolve payroll tax mail directly with tax agencies and ADP
• Audit, reconcile, and transmit weekly periodic ADP tax files (off-cycle and regular weekly payroll tax files)
• Provide monthly/quarterly/annual reconciliations and analysis of ADP compared to Costpoint
• Reconcile and analyze general ledger transactions relating to payroll accounts
• Ensure payroll compliance with applicable state laws and company internal controls
• Support quarterly, year-end payroll close and W-2 processing
• Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
• Testing all ADP tax updates prior to implementation
• Assist payroll supervisor and payroll director with special requests
• Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
• Continually identify process and system improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.