Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance;
Vencore supports the Mission Assurance Support Services (MASS) contract formerly known as Reliability
Engineering Support Services (RESS) as a subcontractor to Bastion Technologies. Bastion was awarded the prime
contract by the California Institute of Technologies (Caltech) Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), which operates
under a prime contract with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Within JPL, there is a Mission Assurance Division which manages the Reliability Engineering and Mission Environmental Assurance Office, the Quality Assurance Office, and the Electronic Parts Engineering (Component Engineering & Assurance) Office. These three Offices are responsible for providing specialized technical engineering services for all JPL in-house projects/missions.
These services include engineering support in the following areas: reliability, environments, electromagnetic compatibility, probabilistic risk assessment, quality assurance and inspection, electronic parts engineering and failure analysis.
Major duties and responsibilities of this position include:
1. Routine technical and programmatic interface with JPL Project Managers, Project Element Managers, Task Managers, and Mission Assurance Managers to develop appropriate reliability engineering requirements and plans for JPL Space Projects.
2. Lead and perform duties related to the selection, procurement, manufacture, use, and/or testing/screening of electronic parts in high reliability applications.
3. Apply expert knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications and systems.
4. Provide technical oversight of flight electronic parts tasks including the creation of engineering requirements specifications and drawings, and advising projects on part selections maximizing reliability while considering cost and schedule constraints.
5. Apply extensive understanding of part and project risk knowledge to define part reliability and quality requirements and assess risks associated with waivers, deficiencies, and failures.
6. Support project system and design teams, advise projects on the electronic part selection that maximizes reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
7. Apply advanced understanding of electronic parts and project risk to define part quality requirements at onset of project work.
8. Report on screening and/or failure test results and advise senior management and project.
9. Advise project management on highly complex electronic part selections that maximize reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
10. Position supports continuous refinement and improvement of development methodologies and processes.
11. Position supports project team meetings and reviews, with a high degree of personal and professional responsibility.
This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance;
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
1. Requires Bachelor of Science degree with equivalent course work in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline.
2. Requires 12+ years of experience in parts engineering activities.
3. Experience must include expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas - RF Parts, Hybrid Parts, Photonics, VLSI Microelectronics or Passives Parts in support of parts development, fabrication, manufacturing, process integration, reliability assessment, and test and/or qualification.
4. Extensive understanding and experience in the selection, procurement, manufacture, use, and testing/screening of high reliability electronic parts for spaceflight applications.
5. Professional experience with EEE parts and supporting Mil-STDs.
6. Requires an understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electronic parts technologies resulting in contributions to the development of new test and qualification methodologies.
7. Preferred knowledge of DoD, NASA, and JEDEC specifications and requirements related to electronic parts.
8. Ability to work well with cross-functional reams, design engineers, line management, and project management.
9. Clearance level at Secret/Top Secret level desired.
10. Excellent computer skills, including and use of computer-aided engineering tools.
11. Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to work with multiple interfaces is required.