Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Provide Functional and Technical Support to the diverse community of Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) (also includes Gun Display Unit-Replacement (GDU-R), Pocket-Sized Forward Entry Device (PFED), CENTAUR Light Weight Technical Fire Direction System, and similar handheld devices) and related communications systems/subsystems.
2. Assist in the instruction and daily maintenance of all AFATDS associated equipment with customers to assure accuracy.
3. Provide Onsite Briefings for all unit personnel
4. Provide Over-the-Shoulder Training support for all AFATDS users
5. Perform Technical Troubleshooting
6. Resolve Procedural Issues
7. Maintain and update an electronic database of common procedural issues and solutions or quick fixes to known issues
8. Capture and File Electronic Trouble Reports and Software Change Requests
9. Assist in Implementing New AFATDS Subsystems
10. Report Data Quality Issues to Unit Personnel
11. Support Remote Deployments
12. Short duration travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations
13. Coordinate Hardware/Software Replacements and Repairs
14. Assist in Fielding New Hardware
15. Assist in Fielding New Software Versions
16. Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills required to execute all field service Technician tasks assigned
17. Perform other duties as required
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
This technician performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs hardware and
software repair, replacement, troubleshoot, installation and over the shoulder
training support for the AFATDS.