Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications. Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems. Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. Provides direction for design activities. Often project-based, sometimes working at customer sites.
This specific position is for an experienced and highly organized Front Office SI familiar with the unique aspects of the customer’s classified mission responsibilities and has experience across the entire engineering lifecycle of deployed systems. Knowledge of customer tradecraft is key. Comfortable briefing on a range of issues is a plus. Ability to multi-task is desired. Directly supports the customer mission support area responsible for insuring all functional needs of the group are met. Written communication skills are important. (i.e. posting relevant technical material on internal websites). This position requires familiarity with customer compliance policies. Customer is unique in organizational structure and governance, and has a wide range of external partners and stakeholders across industry and the US government. Candidate will work in a collaborative, mission focused group comprised of customers and other contractors to execute day-to-day taskings.
- Experience with SharePoint and other Web Site applications
- Background in security a plus
- BS or equivalent experience. (Technical background a plus in effectively communicating technical issues on websites.)
- Understand customer policies and provide guidance
- Assist in answering actions/tasks from external partners, other internal customer offices
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proficient in MS office
- Ability to build effective working relationships within the team, across the customer office and with partner organizations
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks concurrently
- Superior organizational skills
- Assemble briefing charts
- Brief topics as expertise is gained
- Identify, document, and analyze both current and future compliance processes
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.