Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Specific Job Description:
This position is to provide enterprise level support, including collection and geolocation accuracy expertise as measured against technical criteria, parametric technical criteria, engineering test development/execution/analysis, end to end thread analysis, metrics trending, CONOP and process development, requirements generation and review, engineering special studies, and technical advising in support of the government.
In support of Thread Health Monitoring and Infrastructure Status Monitoring the successful candidate will plan, coordinate, monitor, and report the results of operational thread performance monitoring in support of detection of operational corruption events, development of a body of trend data for detection of more subtle evaluation, and daily assurance of the baseline.
· Support monitoring of the enterprise’s automatic and interactive processor’s geolocation performance and baseline infrastructure in support of early detection of potential corruption events occurring in the end to end baseline.
· Conduct first-level analysis of results and, if needed, perform detailed in-depth analysis of Collection and Health Check results; determine any degradations in capabilities and identify corruption events
· Support notifications to the government and associated support personnel of any geolocation degradation or observed infrastructure issue and potential causes of the degradation.
· Create Author discrepancy reports and trouble tickets and track through to resolution; verify fix was satisfactory.
· Support capabilities to ensure ad-hoc scheduling of Geolocation Health Checks.
· Support updates of Enterprise geolocation performance information for customer use in accordance with government direction (e.g. web updates, report issues).
· Monitor planned outages, orbital maneuvers, and other planned/unplanned activities which may impact geolocation accuracy and report findings/issues to the government.
· Plan for, coordinate, and execute Geolocation Health Checks following such events as software installations, outages, and orbital maneuvers.
• Identify and develop candidate benchmark reference list, establishing benchmark pedigree
• Author Engineering Test Support Request (ETSR), and design, plan, and conduct engineering evaluation test in support of enterprise operations and system deliveries
• Prepare engineering test reports and findings
• Ensure methodologies and approaches to analysis are based on accepted scientific practices
• Provide engineering evaluation support to lab developments as required
Minimum of Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g. physics, electrical/systems engineering, math) with 5 years related experience or PhD with 2 years related experience
• Subject Matter Expert in at least one SIGINT discipline
· Strong knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals
• Ability to script in Perl and/or Python highly desired
• · Strong systems analysis skills, with the ability to identify and accurately describe system issues
· Extensive domain knowledge and demonstrated understanding of user needs and operational environments
· Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
· Excellent presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
· Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms