Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Program has an immediate need for a Project Manager for a multi-year Enterprise level Continuity Assurance Program. Will develop a comprehensive plan for Continuity Assurance and ensure activities are integrated into the Program Management Framework (PMF). Candidate will work closely with all levels of the customer organization.
Specific Job Description:
The candidate will provide Continuity Assurance (CA) design, implementation and test support through all stages of the Continuity Assurance Life Cycle process, to include certification and accreditation planning and activities. The candidate will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints: solutions that are thought through at the Enterprise level, not just at individual project level. Oversee all aspects of planning, programming, projected staffing, budgeting, and administration of the CA plan.
Provide a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of the hardware and software components for a Continuity Assurance Program.
Create drafts and/or reviews program documentation, generates formal review documentation, and participates in system and program reviews. Build detailed project cost estimates, schedules and WBS’. Review program plans and identify inconsistencies. Coordinate, support and participate in program meetings and reviews. Assist in the evaluation of associated documentation. Ensure coordination and information flow occur between all program and organizational managers.
• Knowledge of Disaster Recovery/Continuity Assurance (DR/CA) concepts and principles; prioritization schemes; criteria for determining mission essential functions; continuity management matrix; disaster recovery, high availability, continuity of operations
• Business Continuity
• Must be a team player; must be able to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior leaders within the Enterprise and to communicate, coordinate, and collaborate outside of the Enterprise
• Ability to provide guidance and collaborate among the various program teams.
• Ability to coordinate/collaborate across large and diverse organizations, to include internal and external entities
• Candidate should have excellent written and oral/presentation communication skills
• Experience with the Program Management Framework (PMF)
• Experience creating program plans, work breakdown structures, and milestone schedules
• Ability to support several concurrent and high priority objectives
• Familiarity with certification and accreditation documentation
• Understands the technical aspects of Continuity Assurance
• Familiar with the Open System Interconnection (OSI) model of Disaster Recovery Solutions
• Prior experience with the customer environment and systems for which CA is being developed
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.