The GEOINT Broker (GB) Strategic Initiative is a transformational effort focused on the assessing, developing, prototyping, engineering to acquire a full end to end capability to broker GEOINT needs and products to customers. This initiative is focused on institutionalizing GB capability within four functional areas: Issue Management; Broker Services, Supplier Interaction and Content Conveyance.
The GB Systems Engineer (SE) support team will consist of several engineers with the responsibilities to include the review of the GEOINT architecture, capabilities and services readiness assessments, across the existing/emerging NSG enterprise. The GB support team responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate and perform full SE&I life cycle technical framework, design, integration, interoperability, implementation planning and execution, and cost/schedule/technical performance / opportunity / risk / supportability / mission effectiveness analyses for NSG/ASG/GSG enterprise mission capabilities related to the GEOINT Broker functions.
- Capture, assess and conduct innovative analysis at all levels of legacy GEOINT Broker functions and services throughout the effort.
- Design and develop supporting strategy, vision, future end state and concept of operations.
- Support strategy, design, development and execution of advanced concepts into prototypes.
- Perform functional and timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, AoAs, mission needs allocation and interfaces definition translating customer requirements into capability and service specifications as required.
- Ensure systematic & logical conversion of mission needs or product requirements into total systems solutions (acknowledging affordability, schedule, and technical constraints) allocated for implementation to providers of choice.
- Maintain strong awareness of technical IT (Cloud, Mobile, xSP) and all source all domain integrated ISR trends, on-going IT projects (ICITE/DI2E/JIE/NMIS), NSG/ASG enterprise mission business (Agile acquisition /SE&I/innovation) initiatives.
- Apply appropriate project management model (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) selected for capability implementation efforts and apply end-to-end project analysis, to ensure capabilities being developed comply with NSG enterprise technical architecture and support NSG enterprise control gates.
- Keep senior government and SEIN leadership apprised of project status.
Specific Description for Supplier Engineering and Integration Management Position:
The specific responsibilities for the GEOINT Broker System Engineer – Support to Supplier Interaction,
Supplier Engineering and Integration Management include, but are not limited to:
- Perform mission capability/process/implementation innovative re-engineering to advance supplier capabilities integration into the NSG and management of interactions and implementing new ways of tasking managing the NSG/Supplier relationships and agreements including assessment of GEOINT tradecraft & unified business processes leveraging IT modernization.
- Lead, develop and support GEOINT Broker Supplier functions to include identifying and understanding industry databases and interfaces, understand space/air/ground USG and Commercial providers of GEOINT. Support the development of related CONOPS, processes, functions and artifacts.