Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore, Inc., provides high-end Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to government clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with a Networking and Telecom background to provide technical leadership and management support for a program that delivers a broad range of engineering and scientific services to a national level customer. The Program provides cradle-to-grave engineering support for the definition, design, development, integration, verification, fielding, and eventual termination/disposal of the system and system components. Vencore is looking for team members with the depth and breadth to answer complex technical questions, and also the skills to manage the varied activities across the program.
The candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership and management of integration, test, and deployment software-based systems in the RF and VSAT domain. The candidate will oversee the engineering activities of component software developers, verify the capabilities and interfaces of their developed products, integrate the software components into a system, support system test and deployment activities, and perform tier-2 support for fielded system. The candidate will be the direct customer interface and will provide tasking and direction to team members. Communication is key to success in this position.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage, plan, provide tasking for technical projects
Participate in the design and definition of system functionality and component interfaces
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigation problem areas; and following the software development life-cycle.
• Work with contractor development teams on software requirements definition, development, coding standards, and testing
• Interact with customers on technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organization lines.
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts
• Oversee software component development and verification.
• Oversee in and/or analyze the results of software code reviews
• Oversee testing and regression testing of software phase releases.
• Develop test plans and procedures to validate system requirements.
• Design, develop, and document test tools.
• Design and implement system security and data assurance.
• Create documentation and user manuals for deployment.
• Troubleshoot problems reported for system.
• Troubleshoot and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies.
the results of software code reviews
• Oversee testing and regression testing of software phase releases
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and twelve to fifteen years of related experience.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to analyze and assess a problem, decompose complex issues, and develop solutions and strategies to operational scenarios.
Additional qualifications include:
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.