Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The primary objective of the INCEPTUM contract is to provide integration and closure; process; mission assurance; service management; and verification, validation and transition systems engineering and technical support services to the Systems Engineering Directorate that will enable it to execute its responsibilities efficiently and effectively, achieve the SED vision, and ensure mission success.
The INCEPTUM Integration and Closure team GEOINT Enterprise Systems Engineer (ESE) team is responsible for overseeing the acquisition-level closure of requirements; overseeing system level readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
Vencore/INCEPTUM is seeking a talented; customer focused functional manager and technical lead of the SIGINT ESE SETA team. Interested candidates should thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and motivate the team. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, leadership abilities, organization, have an ability to prioritize their time, and understand the value of providing strong customer service.
The candidate will manage a team coordinating, supporting and assessing requirements, CONOPs and architecture products, assessing system schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities. The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes and create efficiencies continuously. The candidate will support various system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have a strong systems engineering background. The candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings. Due to the broad nature of the services workload, the selected candidate should have knowledge in GEOINT & SIGINT systems and experience with national systems.
Manager responsibilities include hiring and recruiting, employee mentoring and career development, retention and awards, performance assessment, merit planning, staff recognition, disciplinary actions, and technical advice for the functional team.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
• BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
• Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, CONOPs development, and system integration to accommodate the End to End SIGINT Systems Engineering.
• Detailed knowledge of SIGINT systems and overall space and ground architecture
• Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment
• Fully embrace mentoring and development of subordinate personnel, and a commitment to continuous learning
• Experience managing technical and matrixed teams
• Proven communication skills especially with senior government officials
• Highly organized especially with project plans
• Proven adaptability as demonstrated through experience with daily interaction on-site with the government customers
• Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
• Knowledge of the Westfields customer, personnel management skills, proven on-contract growth, program management experience
• Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, PMI/PMP