Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The primary objective of the INCEPTUM service management team supporting enterprise systems engineering is to work closely with customer-designated IT and mission application service providers to ensure the development, maturation, and integration of shared services with the mission architecture. The services team is responsible for coordinating and supporting requirements and CONOPS, and architectures in the support of the customer's migration to shared IT and mission application services; overseeing the acquisition-level closure of service requirements; independent verification, validation and test in support of delivered service capabilities and mission closure, overseeing SED readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
This position will serve as a functional manager and senior technical member of the services systems engineering team on the INCEPTUM contract in support of the Systems Engineering Directorate. The candidate will manage teams coordinating, supporting and assessing requirements, conops and architecture products, assessing services schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities. The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes and create efficiencies continuously, and may lead projects of services team work, have frequent client interactions, and support services strategy development across the various offices. Due to the broad nature of the services workload, the service systems engineer manager should have experience with national systems and understand the migration approach to have designated services support multiple Mission Threads. The candidate will support various service and system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have strong systems engineering background. The candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings. Manager responsibilities include hiring and recruiting, employee mentoring and career development, retention and awards, and performance assessment and management.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
• Experience with customer's processes in support of space and ground life cycle development in services construct
• Experience in requirements engineering, Conops development, verification, test and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering in support of customer's missions
• Experience managing technical teams
• Managed finances and resource plans
• Experience managing matrixed teams
• Experience supporting integration of Infrastructure Service, Application Services, COMM and mission applications
• Proven communication skills especially with senior (Lt Colonel and above) government officials
• Highly organized especially with project plans
• Proven adaptability and experience with daily interaction on-site with the government customers
• The candidate is supporting a change effort on program and should have a history of effective change leadership
• Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
• Knowledge of the Westfields customer, personnel management skills, proven on-contract growth, program management experience
• Knowledge of remote sensing and COMM systems and overall space, airborne and ground architectures
• Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, PMI/PMP, INCOSE
• A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge, and contributing value to the mission in any way possible