Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Provide Cyber Security and Cyber Risk expertise to the Sponsor, to include best practice approaches, research on specific topics, modeling techniques, analysis and prioritization of proposed mitigation
activities, and system level analysis of ongoing Cyber risks and events.
- Perform risk assessments and shall identify risk mitigations and/or contingency plans for the Sponsor’s IT system(s).
- Provide support for formal IT system risk/issue registration and resolution, and shall provide
input into privacy and civil liberties and counterintelligence assessments as required for the overall IT system.
- Keep abreast of Agency, IC and Federal Government technical direction on personnel
security and counterintelligence initiatives that could impact the Sponsor’s IT system, and shall assess impacts
and recommend strategies to align with those directions.
- Track and respond to actions received from the Sponsor’s designated action tracker, and shall proactively research and track the status of Cyber projects outside the Sponsor organization. The Contractor shall assist in identifying dependencies, interproject risks, and issues to be worked by the Sponsor component’s staff, and shall take directed action to resolve project conflicts.
- Coordinate with IC and Government-wide oversight boards and working groups for the
implementation of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) on the specified Agency network, and shall provide complete
analysis and recommendations related to oversight and working group proposals and documentation.
- Analyze and review functional requirements and report on compliance with PKI policies and
regulations, and shall provide general programmatic support for the deployment of the PKI token authentication
- A Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience (3 Years experience)) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline.
- 10 Years experience, 3 years in IC
- The ability to analyze systems, including forensically, for malware, misuse, and/or unauthorized activity
- Knowledge of investigation and analysis of all data sources, which may include Internet, Intelligence Community reporting, security events, firewall logs, forensic hard-drive images, and other data sources to identify malware, misuse, unauthorized activity or other cyber security related concerns
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills