Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Support the Sponsor in defining system architectures, developing Enterprise Architecture roadmaps, and identifying planned developments in information technology areas.
- Provide systems architecture knowledge and consultation to Sponsor components, and assist in
technical reviews and architecture designs, assessment of technical solutions to business needs, and
development of technical concepts of system operations for Sponsor components’ requirements, system
designs, and system architectures.
- Provide input on technical parameters for testing Sponsor’s system performance requirements, architectural traceability, and consistency, and shall update architectural models and tools to reflect testing results.
- Support architecture and design planning by developing reference implementations of
the IT architecture through proofs of concept, by delivering architecture-level design descriptions for future
development efforts in infrastructure and applications, and by updating baselines and project documentation
- Assess Agency IT project portfolios to identify portfolio gaps, overlaps,redundancies and anomalies, and shall recommend changes to Agency IT project portfolios to leverage exis tingservices and to improve alignment with Agency and IC Enterprise Architectures.
- Assist in ensuring that systems are compliant with the Agency’s Enterprise Technical
Architecture (ETA), and that future versions of the ETA include considerations for new technologies being
- Work with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed ITsystems and enterprise quality and security standards.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience (3 Years)) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, r a scientific or technical discipline
- 10 Years experience, 3 years in IC
- Demonstrated knowledge in enterprise data strategy, data governance practices, data stewardship principles, data architecture principles, data standards, and metadata management best practices
- Experience with successful full life-cycle software development projects
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories
(U) For example, this may include experience with Web Services, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), application integration technologies and approaches, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing solutions, data management technologies (Extract- Transform-Load (ETL), Data Profiling, Data Mining, Metadata Repositories)
- Analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for various projects
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences