Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Provides end-to-end project management support by planning, and coordinating activities.
- Provides a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements.
- Coordinates with other team members and ensures problem solution, appropriate risk reduction, and user
- Performs day-to-day management of the program, and develop long-term and strategic objectives
to ensure that end user requirements will be satisfied in future years.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes by leveraging program management,
business processes, and IT/engineering best practices.
- Draft and coordinate detailed project schedules, and weekly/monthly status reports as required.
- Provide inputs to or create other program deliverables to include documentation,
briefings, summary reports, status reports, cost and schedule estimates, demonstrations, proofs of concept, and
- Work with partner service providers to capture appropriate metrics on IC engagements.
- A Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience(3 years)) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline
- 16 Years experience, 5 years in IC
- Knowledge of business and management principles, for example: strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills