Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The primary objective of the Inceptum Test and Standards Division (TSD) within the Office of the Chief Engineer is to lead change in support of the customer's migration to shared IT and mission application services while establishing and updating all SED customer standards and processes in support of program maturation through the Systems Engineering life cycle. The TSD team supporting enterprise systems engineering works closely with customer-designated mission application and service providers to ensure the development, maturation, and integration of mission applications and services with the mission architecture. The TSD team is responsible for supporting requirements and conops development and updates, independent verification, validation and test in support of mission closure, overseeing the readiness process in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission closure.
This position will serve as a functional manager and senior technical member of the Systems Engineering (SE) process team on the INCEPTUM contract in support of the Systems Engineering Directorate. The candidate will manage teams teams supporting the Test and Standards Division (TSD) within the Office of the Chief Engineer for configuration management and the customer's ERB process, Risk, Issues and Opportunity Management boards, enterprise and system readiness, schedule management, and information and mission assurance of new systems or services in support of expanded mission capabilities. The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes and create efficiencies continuously, and may lead projects of foundational SE team work, have frequent client interactions, and support foundational SE processes across the various offices. Due to the broad nature of the services workload, the SE process manager should have experience with national systems. The candidate will support various enterprise and system milestone events and integrated product teams and is required to have strong systems engineering background. The candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings. Manager responsibilities include hiring and recruiting, employee mentoring and career development, retention and awards, and performance assessment and management.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
• BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
• Experience with customer's processes in support of space and ground life cycle development
• Experience managing technical teams
• Managed finances and resource plans
• Experience managing matrixed teams
• Proven communication skills especially with senior (Lt Colonel and above) government officials
• Highly organized especially with project plans
• Proven adaptability as demonstrated through experience with daily interaction on-site with the government customers
• Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
• Knowledge of the Westfields customer, personnel management skills, proven on-contract growth, program management experience
• Knowledge of Enterprise Schedule Server (ESS), how to link schedules
• Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, PMI/PMP