Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Global Combat Support System-Army will ultimately replace several aging and outdated Army management information systems across tactical logistics environments within the Army’s Active and Reserve components as well as the National Guard.
Seeking SAP and Aviation logistics experienced professionals to create new logistics automation capabilities for the US Army within the GCSS ERP system, which is based on SAP.
- The candidate for this position will provide software engineering support to the U.S. Army Software Engineering Directorate.
- The candidate will be working as part of a software development team that is designing and developing software applications to enhance Army aviation maintenance, operations, safety and training activities. Development is in a Microsoft Windows environment utilizing Visual Studio 2013 / 2015.
- The candidate's activities will include performing software analysis, design and development according to existing coding standards and guidelines.
- Candidate will interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer; review, verify and/or validate system specifications and other design-related documentation.
- Candidate will be working with multiple contractors and must be self-motivated, reliable, dependable, flexible, and have excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
Bachelors and 9+ years' experience (4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree).
Candidate must be able to obtain an interim Secret level clearance.
An active secret level clearance is preferred.
-Need demonstrated relevant experience with Enterprise SAP productions and logistics modules used by DoD
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with the .NET framework
- Strong understanding of object- oriented programming
- Skill in writing reusable C# libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with Windows Presentation Framework (WPF / XAML)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience with web services and protocols (SOAP, REST, WebAPI)
- Experience with JQuery
- Comfortable with HTML 4/5 and CSS
- Skilled in problem solving and debugging
- Experience with security frameworks and practices
- Knowledge of Army Aviation systems is desired, in particular the Aircraft Notebook (ACN) FoS.