Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Systems Engineer will be a member of a team responsible for building software and hardware systems to support the Software Engineering Directorate (SED). The Systems Engineer will primarily be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist with developing specifications, defining requirements, defining systems architecture, and supporting validation and verification.
- Review system and subsystem specifications and interface documentation for completeness, accuracy, and applicability.
- Develop and provide traceability from the system specification to the final product requirement and test procedures.
- Support the lead engineers in system architecture and design.
- Interpret and analyze requirements.
- Review, verify and/or validate system specifications and other design related documentation.
- Support design reviews, technical interchange and management control meetings, and configuration control boards
Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree.
3+ years of related experience.
-Knowledge and experience across the systems engineering lifecycle from needs and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) assessment through system modeling, requirements development, design support, testing, and systems validation
-Need demonstrated relevant experience with Enterprise SAP productions and logistics modules used by DoD
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines (e.g., test, software) to ensure requirements are met and to avoid requirements creep
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using DOORS (and or Magic Draw)
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering fundamentals
- MBSE (Model- based systems engineering) experience
- Experience with systems engineering software tools (DOORS, MagicDraw, Rhapsody, etc.)
- Previous DoD systems development experience
Clearance Requirement: - Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance