Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore provides pre- and post-acquisition support for system development, including System and Solution Architecture; collecting mission needs, developing technical requirements, integration and project management throughout the development cycle, independent verification and validation, transition to operations, end-to-end requirements management and configuration management. This contract supports an Intelligence Community organization which is responsible for providing mission-specific applications in the fight against terrorism.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect performs technical planning, defines specifications that incorporate software, hardware, network and data requirements and technologies to establish an IT Enterprise. Design and specifications shall consider Analysis of Alternatives, cost and risk analysis, and supportability total systems. This individual identifies and evaluates the relevancy of COTS and GOTS to satisfy the enterprise, user, mission, and system needs.
- Develop customer's To-Be Cloud Architecture incorporating AWS / C2S, leveraging a services based architecture and Big Data technologies to meet mission needs.
- Evaluate existing IT systems and provide recommendations for To-Be architecture compliance/evolution, including specific recommendations for implementation within AWS
- Prepare and provide recommendations for IT standards, especially those required for implementation leveraging IC-ITE and/or Amazon Web Service
- Prepare technical implementation road maps to support the evolution of existing capabilities to the To-Be architecture, including leveraging AWS specific services to implement the To Be architecture
- Develop architecture products to a sufficient level of detail to enable system requirements to be written to ensure system stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability
- Provide continuing support to update both To-Be, As-Is, and Technical Roadmaps as the architecture is implemented
- In depth understanding of cloud based solutions, compute, storage and network tailoring, provisioning and support.
- 12 years or more experience with systems engineering/systems architecture, including Services Oriented Architectures and UML
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Cloud-related experience including system architecture, system design, and/or system implementation
- B.S. in engineering or a technical discipline
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Hadoop/No SQL or related Big Data experience
- AWS Architecture Certification
- Familiarity with Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with IC JARM