Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Specific Job Description:
We are seeking a highly technical, proactive, engineer with demonstrated analytical thinking capability and excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in civil engineering, geophysics, geology, and geotechnical engineering. It is expected that the ideal candidate with interface with senior level customers on a daily basis, therefore strong interpersonal skills are a must. The environment is fast paced and dynamic, so the candidate must not only be comfortable with change, but also embrace change. Travel will be required for this position approximately 20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geophysics, or related technical field
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Geophysics, Mining and Minerals Engineering, or related technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 10+ years of professional engineering experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of working in an customer facing role
- 5+ years conducting modeling and propagation studies
- Geophysics: Seismic Surveys, Resistivity Testing
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Propagation modeling
- TS/SCI with Poly required
- Familiarity/exposure to Service Oriented Architecture
- Systems Engineering
- Experience developing system acquisition documentation to include Statement of Work, Systems Requirements Documents, Acceptance Test Plan, Interface Control Documents and RFI development.
- 2+ years of supporting the IC
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.