Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
• Certification and Accreditation Certification Officers (CACOs) advise and assist the Sponsor’s customers with the Lifecycle Certification and Accreditation (C&A process and developing a Systems Security Plan (SSP). They monitor and track projects in the C&A test queue. CACOs read and analyze SSPs and develop an understanding of the customer systems and applications. They coordinate C&A actions and system testing with appropriate security personnel. They develop risk assessment, recommend mitigating countermeasures, and write short, succinct risk assessment and certification reports for submission to the Chief Information Officer and Executive Director.
• Act as C&A project register, managing the C&A registration process.
• Monitor and track projects in the C&A test queue.
• Maintain a document repository where C&A project documentation is stored.
• Work closely with Agency Information Systems (AIS) developers to identify the appropriate certification/approval processes and authorities.
• Record/register IPC actions concerning project approvals to operate in the C&A database.
• Read and analyze SSPs and develop understanding of systems and applications.
• Coordinate C&A actions and system testing with appropriate security personnel.
• Assemble and submit C&A packages to Principal Accreditation Authority/ Designated Accreditation Authority.
• Location will be Bethesda or McLean
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
• TS/SCI with poly
• BS in CS, Math, CE or other technical field + 5 years related experience
• Working knowledge of Certification Testing protocol for TS/SCI Information Systems and Applications.
• Knowledge of risk management methodology.
• Strong technical skills and analytic ability.
• Demonstrated ability to act independently when making technical and business judgments.
• Thorough knowledge of the Sponsor’s standard project cycle.
• Working knowledge of Intelligence Community Information Assurance policies and regulations and how they relate to the certification and accreditation process.
• Good communications skills, written and oral.
• Capability to quickly assimilate the concept of new applications and relate them to the overall Sponsor computing and communications environments.
• Knowledge with managing document repositories in databases
• Knowledge with the use of process tracking and document control software.
• Experience with managing document repositories in database and Lotus Notes
• Experience with the use of process tracking and document control software
• Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) Certification. May be obtained via ISC2 or similar type vendor
• Government Security Engineer Certification (GSEC) Certification. May be obtained via SANS of similar type vendor