Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Provides technical support for computers and associated networks. Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, network equipment such as servers, modems, multiplexers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Provides personal computer, hardware, and software support. Installs, services, and repairs personal computers and installs attendant software. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Diagnoses reported hardware, software, and network problems. Resolves problems or contacts additional technical support as necessary. Maintains network diagrams and circuit records. Maintains trouble logs. Instructs users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases. Performs basic PC, PBX, and network software programming.
The Help Desk Technician’s role is to prevent and resolve technical issues and to assist end users in accomplishing their business tasks. The candidate should be dependable with an excellent attendance record, cooperative and respectful to clients and co-workers. The following is a brief list of the responsibilities commensurate with the responsibilities for this position.
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting services to end-users who need assistance with their computer
hardware or software.
• Tier II service encompasses receiving phone calls, emails, chat, instant messaging, texts
• Documenting and triaging the request; solving or escalating the request
• Tracking request status and providing routine progress updates to the customer; and following up with the customer
on the resolution of ticket for completeness/quality and satisfaction.
• Troubleshoots and supports Windows operating systems, advanced MS Office product issues, and other IT issues.
• Upgrades software components as required
• Provides customers with network technical support.
• Experience supporting mobile devices such as IOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows.
• Instructs customers and support staff in use of equipment and software
Requires High School level plus some specialized training. 5-6 years of experience.
Ideally possesses an active TS/SCI clearance or must be able to obtain.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Associates Degree from an accredited university in an IT related discipline. May substitute with a minimum of 4-6 years of IT/Help Desk experience and HS Diploma.
DESIRED SKILLS: Prior experience successfully delivering help desk and field support services. Experience supporting large enterprise IT Projects and Corporate integration activities. This position requires a comprehensive knowledge and mastery in this field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments on time within a fast paced environment.
VERBAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Investigates and interprets technical and/or complex information, with the ability to deliver professional presentations on all facets of IT field support delivery. Demonstrated ability to work with matrixed resources. Possesses strong organizational, time management and customer engagement skills.
DESIRED LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
• A+ Certification
• Network+ Certification
• Security+ Certification