Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and service oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and integrates system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in readiness reviews of components to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification, validation and transition. Participates in Lifecycle Readiness management including Independent Review Team and Readiness Review teams providing assessment of program readiness. Generates system level requirements verification and validation procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements. Identifies and supports the development and mitigation of risks and issues and identifies and supports the development and realization of opportunities through a risk and opportunity management process. Participates in the execution of a mission assurance program including the development and distribution of material to promote awareness and proper application of mission assurance standards.
Considered an emerging authority, who applies extensive technical expertise. Develops technical solutions to complex problems. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
1) Active TS/SCI clearance
2) Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
3) 8 years with BS/BA, 6 years with MS/MA, or 3 years with PhD2 related profession experience
4) Ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
5) Strong written and verbal communication skills
6) Responsible, reliable and flexible
7) Passion for learning and knowledge transfer
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management - Foundations and especially Practitioner Certifications
3) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
4) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption
5) Ability to lead and influence